A group of businessmen interested in the development and expansion of trade relations between the United States and Venezuela, and dedicated to the Pan American ideal, met on the 9th day of July 1936 at the India House on Hanover Square in downtown New York. The purpose of their meeting was to form a nonprofit organization pursuant to the Membership Corporation Law of the State of New York which they named the Venezuelan Chamber of Commerce of the United States, Incorporated.
John L. Merrill was chosen as President, Herman G. Brock, Carlos A. Scholtz, and James S. Carson were elected Vice Presidents, and Amos B. Foy,Treasurer.John L. Merrill was chosen as President, Herman G. Brock, Carlos A. Scholtz, and James S. Carson were elected Vice Presidents, and Amos B. Foy,Treasurer.
This institution was founded in 1936 with the mission of promoting investment, commerce and cultural exchange between the United States of America and Venezuela. Today, we believe that due to the magnitude of the economic, social and political catastrophe that has befallen the country, it is the mission of our chamber to become a platform to provide a forum for a variety of opinions, open dialogue and awareness of the most current issues affecting Venezuela through our programs and events.